Saturday, June 20, 2020

Immunotherapy for BRAF Negative Advance Melanoma Patients

  
According to MDPAGETODAY. Com, For the approximately half of advanced melanoma patients who lack BRAF mutations in tumors, immunotherapy with checkpoint inhibitors has become the standard first-line systemic therapy. The cytotoxic T-lymphocyte-associated protein 4 inhibitor ipilimumab was the first of the checkpoint inhibitors to be approved by the FDA. Now the PD-1 inhibitors nivolumab and pembrolizumab have also been approved, and data suggest that a combination of nivolumab plus ipilimumab may be a better choice for first-line therapy in these advanced melanoma patients.

Advanced or metastatic Melanoma is Melanoma that returns...  and, my melanoma has returned once maybe twice as it started in the foot, migrated to the groin and was later found again in the neck...  Also, in my case, radiation along with Opdivo, pretty much killed the Melanoma in the groin and for sure killed it in the neck as it was dead tissue when removed.  I am also BRAF negative according to recent tests which makes Opdive (nivolumab) the best choice for me.

Since I am also being treated for non-Hodgkin's B call Lymphoma there is always concern that the drugs for Lymphoma or Imbruvica with FIGHT AGAINST the Opdivo but that has not yet been the case...  and, since my Thyroid is being regulated with meds, my health has been extraordinarily good given the fact that not too long ago I was experiencing extreme fatigue and nausea.



No comments:

Post a Comment

BEGINNING TODAY

All future articles for this blog will appear on my other blog:  JOURNAL FOR DAILY PAGES....  all the internal page links have been switched...