Thursday, April 22, 2021

Oncologist and Treatrment

Today, is my monthly visit to the Cancer Center for my Opdivo treatment.  Every other month, I see my Oncologist and this is one of those days.  I will also be told of the results of my recent CT scan and I am particularly interested in the lesion on my liver as reported by my gastrointestinal doctor after a recent colonoscopy.  He wanted to do an MRI, but when I shared that info with my Oncologist, he said that we would do a CT scan first since I was on the schedule to have one soon.

The other issues that I have with my Oncologist revolve around whether or not I am going to be receiving monthly IVIG treatments instead of every other month.  And, the reason why I an concerned about this is that my sinus infections return the month I am not receiving IVIG treatment, plus my Dermatologist just prescribe medication for a skin infection on my face that has gotten down into the hair roots.

I get to the Cancer Center about 7:30 am and by the time I am done, I am typically leaving around 10:30 am...  strange how it takes me 3 hours to have lab work taken, see my Oncologist and receive a 30 minute treatment...  one would think that each area should take no more than 30 minutes including the wait...  or, about 90 minutes and one can stretch that to 2 hours just to make sure...  but, it takes me 3 hours...

No comments:

Post a Comment

BEGINNING TODAY

All future articles for this blog will appear on my other blog:  JOURNAL FOR DAILY PAGES....  all the internal page links have been switched...