Friday, May 1, 2020

Forgot to Mention

A couple of years ago, I had 6 doses of unusually high radiation over a 4 month period to combine with Opdivo and quickly kill my Melanoma...  at least, those were the results of the clinical trials held at MD Anderson in Texas.  Each dose lasted 20 minutes and I had one each week for 3 weeks.  After a period of 3 months, 3 more doses were administered to me in the same format and after another week, I underwent a PET/CT scan especially designed for Melanoma staging.  My Melanoma had been SUBSTANTIALLY BEEN REDUCED and an interested and very positive result was the fact that my non-Hodgkin's "B" cell Lymphoma had been SUBSTANTIALLY REDUCED as well.


Once the OPDIVO was supercharged by the radiation, no more radiation treatment were required and the reductions of both the Melanoma and Lymphoma continued to take place.  My body was demonstrating exactly how the treatments were supposed to work which made me feel WONDERFUL to say the least.

A year later, there is still some minor reductions in both cancers, but DEAD TISSUE can be felt in my groin at the crease of the upper thigh.  There are numerous lumps of various diameters just below the surface that will remain there for the rest of my life...   they will never disappear unfortunately.  Right now, I can feel them with my fingers and feel them without my fingers when I have sat in a chair for an extended period of time like when watching a movie.

Sometimes, it just feels mentally odd that there is DEAD MELANOMA in my groin.

No comments:

Post a Comment

BEGINNING TODAY

All future articles for this blog will appear on my other blog:  JOURNAL FOR DAILY PAGES....  all the internal page links have been switched...