Tuesday, January 19, 2021

Currently...

In March of 2020, I decided for whatever reason, to start counting my daily intake of calories.  Doing something like this is not new to me because back in the 1990's, I decided to start counting my daily intake of FAT GRAMS and after collecting that data for over a year, I decided to plot that data on what was called an X bar R Chart to see if I could determine any trends and after calculating was was called statistical control limits, analyzed the data to see if my eating habits were IN CONTROL or OUT OF CONTROL.  I still have that data somewhere.

When I started calculating my calories, my weight was right around 250 pounds although it could increase to 252 and maybe 254 but never went below 248.  After 2 months of collecting calories and trying to convince myself mentally to reduce my caloric intake, my weight dropped down to 240 pounds.  

When I started I was eating over 2,500 calories a day.  Then I tried to reduce it to 2,000 calories a day and then a further reduction to 1,500 calories a day...

A staph infection put me in the hospital for 6 days and the only positive outcome besides being released from the hospital was the fact that my weight was now down to 230 pounds.

My calorie intake started to vary more than I had anticipated where one week, my intake would be between 1,200 and 1,500 and the next week, my intake would be between 1,500 and 1,800 but seldom ever got close to 2,000 and only over 2,000 if my wife and I went out to dinner or celebrated a birthday.

My weight was now below 230 a couple of pounds and for some reason, I lost my appetite just before having to prepare for a colonoscopy...   and, when all was said and done, the day of my colonoscopy, my weight was 213 pounds...  the lowest ever.

Within a couple of days after the procedure, my weight increased to 219, mainly because of fluids I suspect and a couple of days after that and because I got my appetite back, it increased to 221 pounds, but seems to be holding steady as my body reaches a new equilibrium..

My plan is to watch my calorie intake
Maintain 1,500+/- calories each day
Stabilize my weight around 220 pounds

After I am convinced that I have been able to achieve these goals, I will start a plan of action to take my weight down to 205 pounds...  which was actually my goal in March of 2020 when I started.



No comments:

Post a Comment

BEGINNING TODAY

All future articles for this blog will appear on my other blog:  JOURNAL FOR DAILY PAGES....  all the internal page links have been switched...