Friday, January 8, 2021

More Than Just A New Norm

My body, over the last 12 years, has been through on-going chemo and immunotherapies, radiation, surgeries, heart attack, heart surgery, Staph infection, hospitalization, afib, heart failure, kidney failure, all sorts of scans and blood tests along with eye issues, sinus issues, dental issues, anxiety or panic attacks, and the general uncertainties that come from having to wait around to have tests performed or wait around for the results of those tests.

Some people tolerate this lifestyle better than others which is normal and expected.    

And, when it first started I was 60 years old and tolerated it fine but I have since realized that the older I become the less toleration I have which is exactly the opposite of what I thought would happen to me.  I am more anxious, more concerned, less patient...  while I also understand that this is how I will be living my life for the rest of my life.

  • Sensitivity Increases to Hot and Cold
  • Increased intolerance of humidity
  • Increased eating disorders
  • Increased irritability
  • Loss of appetite
My nausea comes and goes as does my fatigue and for a while and every now and then, I experience lethargy to the point where, unlike fatigue, I just do not want to do anything other than being too tired to want to do anything.  When that happens all I want to do is sleep as often as I can to offset my lack of motivation...  which always leads me into a series of different levels of depression...   some of which I know are still with me after several months but under a mental type of control not giving credence to their existence.


No comments:

Post a Comment

BEGINNING TODAY

All future articles for this blog will appear on my other blog:  JOURNAL FOR DAILY PAGES....  all the internal page links have been switched...