Thursday, January 7, 2021

Out of the Blue

I have wondered once or twice where the "out of the blue" statement came from and someone probably shared its origins with me once upon a time, or I did a Google search and found the answer, or I suppose both could have happened...  but nowadays, I don't really give a shit where these clever phrases come from as long as I use them appropriately...  and, it would appear, at least to some of us who have been battling with cancer for over a decade with infusions of chemo pretty much taking place every month...  that, our bodies sometimes...  instead of feeling good...  feel pretty crappy...  then, we can go for weeks without feeling that bad at all...

These little spells happen...  "out of the blue"...  with no rhyme or reason and no justification...  they just happen.  One can eat normally or too much or hardly at all and they could arrive that morning, afternoon, or early evening.  Sometimes, Prilosec helps but most of the time, it does not.  And, believe it or not, sometimes GAS X helps even though it was never intended for this purpose.

The human body is a great gift and can survive damn near anything as long as it is well cared for...  which in my situation was the case, at least until the age of 60...  And, perhaps that caring is why I have lasted as long as I have...  but, it is still very strange that "out of the blue,"  I just feel like there is nothing that I can do to make myself feel better and that whatever is going on, I just need to ride it out.


No comments:

Post a Comment

BEGINNING TODAY

All future articles for this blog will appear on my other blog:  JOURNAL FOR DAILY PAGES....  all the internal page links have been switched...