Wednesday, January 6, 2021

Adding Procedures

Last week when I met with my Oncologist and reported some symptoms to him, his response was that I should contact a gastrointestinal doctor to which I replied that I was having a colonoscopy in a couple of weeks...  his response was again to contact him as soon as possible and perhaps they could add a procedure if warranted and I would only have to prep once.

I reached my gastrointestinal doctor and shared the symptoms and an UPPER GI was added to the already scheduled procedure which meant that he had a particularly light day that day and adding would not alter his schedule too bad...

My additional symptoms were:
  • loss of appetite
  • loss of taste
  • loss of 8-10 pounds in a month
  • feeling of nausea after I eat
  • discomfort in abdomen when getting out of bed as if a muscle has been pulled 
An Upper GI looks for:
  • tumors
  • ulcers
  • hernias
  • diverticula
  • strictures
When one does a little research without really knowing what to research that can be a problem because all sorts of things could be identified as being a problem...  But, it is more likely that my Melanoma Cancer Treatments have caused or could cause an intestinal toxicity more so that my Lymphoma Cancer Treatments...  Assuming that there are no other kinds of cancers in my intestinal areas....   But again, I am getting ahead of myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment

BEGINNING TODAY

All future articles for this blog will appear on my other blog:  JOURNAL FOR DAILY PAGES....  all the internal page links have been switched...