Tuesday, January 5, 2021

Full Body Scan

Every 3 months which has been reduced by me from every 6 months, I receive a full body scan from a dermatologist and a full body scan is conducted with the patient being fully nude or partially nude and willing to remove remaining clothes when requested.

Treatment for Lymphoma has caused my Melanoma and treatment for Melanoma causes other skin cancers to appear that are not totally threatening at first but if left alone they can turn very aggressive and deadly.  I have had several of these carcinomas surgically removed, called squamous.  There was a large one removed from the top of my head and have a dozen smaller ones from my arms.

Since I am now prone to CANCERS, I want to get checked as often as possible or as often as the INSURANCE COMPANIES will permit...   which is the biggest irony of all, letting the insurance companies decide healthcare policies and procedures...

Today, is the day that I drive to Knoxville for that scan.  And, while the office is relatively easy to get to, and the wait is no longer than 5-10 minutes, and the scan only lasts about 5 minutes, and the fact that it is absolutely necessary, does not alter the fact that it is still a pain in the ass to have to put one's self through this indignity...  but, after doing this for a good 5 years, I don't really give a shit about that either anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment

BEGINNING TODAY

All future articles for this blog will appear on my other blog:  JOURNAL FOR DAILY PAGES....  all the internal page links have been switched...