Thursday, January 28, 2021

Opdivo Day Once Again

Early morning>>  up at 6:00 am, shower and out the door by 6:30 am and by &:30 am, I am sitting in the waiting area Chemo Infusions, for an available nurse to access my port, draw blood, and take me to one of the 8 Treatment Suites to await my Opdivo Infusion.  This infusion will be my 41st or 42rd...  I don't remember...  but I do know that I have had a least 40 of these infusions.

Recently, I had lost my appetite, was losing weight, and felt a little nauseas after eating and my Oncologist suggested that I ask my doctor for an Upper GI at the same time that I was going to have my colonoscopy...  and that is what I did and that is what happened...  and the results were negative...  indicating that my symptoms were coming from some other source.

After talking with a Pharmacist during my IVIG infusion, he informed me that ALL OF MY SYMPTOMS were side effects of OPDIVO except for losing my sense of taste...  although, he would not rule that out just because it is not recognized as being typical.

I will not be able to talk with my Oncologist for another month...  but, all of these symptoms subsided after I recovered from my colonoscopy which could be coincidence or it could have been that the IVIG Infusion the week before might have something to do with this as well...

WHO KNOWS?


No comments:

Post a Comment

BEGINNING TODAY

All future articles for this blog will appear on my other blog:  JOURNAL FOR DAILY PAGES....  all the internal page links have been switched...