Wednesday, January 27, 2021

Not Sure What Caused It

During the month of July 2020, I spent 6 days in the hospital...  maybe a day in the ER and a day in INTENSIVE CARE and the rest on the heart floor of the hospital....   BECAUSE I had a STAPH INFECTION in my entire BLOOD STREAM...  When I entered the ER, my blood pressure was 79/39, I was SEPSIS, and experience AFIB, heart and kidney failure, and the doctors first thought that I was showing symptoms of COVID.

I had 3 IV's going and one of the doctors put in a central line, just in case they needed another access point...  even though I had a PORT, they did not use it...  which amazes me somewhat, but what the hell do I know.

Once my body was infused with liquids, it started to positively respond which was an indication that I did not have COVID...  and after making sure my response was steady, they sent me into INTENSIVE CAEE...  which was probably one of the worst experiences of my life.

After being released to the heart floor for observation, I was told that I had a STAPH INFECTION in my blood stream and after performing numerous tests while I was in the ER and the ICU, they ruled out everything that could have caused the infection.  In talks with me, it was decided that the most likely scenario was that I got the infection from a bug or spider bite....  but again, they could not be POSITIVE.

The only thing that I really remember from the ER was the fact that I was lying on my back and there were about 6 people hovering over me.  I was not scared nor was I afraid.  I did not feel bad or that I was experiencing any of the negative issues that they explained to me later.  Maybe I was in shock...

After I was released from the hospital, I had to receive antibiotic infusions 3 times a day for 28 days which was inconvenient as hell but necessary.  I am better now...  but it is an experience I will not soon forget....

ODD that modern medicine could not tell me what caused my Staph Infection...

I am better now


No comments:

Post a Comment

BEGINNING TODAY

All future articles for this blog will appear on my other blog:  JOURNAL FOR DAILY PAGES....  all the internal page links have been switched...