Tuesday, January 26, 2021

Veins in Feet

For many previous years and because of my weight gain, I have not been able to see the veins on the tops of my feet like I used to see; in fact, my veins were so prominent that when I tied my shoe laces too tight, it would pinch one of the veins on the top of my foot (usually my left foot) to the point that it would start to hurt and I would have to loosen my shoe laces.

As I have mentioned before, in March of 2020, I started counting my daily intake of calories and then reducing that intake of calories in the hopes of losing weight.  I am not so sure if it was the reduction of calories that caused my loss of weight or the fact that I just ate less based upon the counting.  Either way, I lost weight...  and, 10 months later, that weight loss amounts to right around 30 pounds, although at the present time, my weight is fluctuating a couple of pounds on both sides of its new equilibrium which I estimate at 222 pounds.

My weight in preparation for a recent colonoscopy went down to 213 primarily because I was eliminating waste as well as liquids from my body...   and when my weight increased back to 224, I believe that it was largely due to an increase of fluids more so that putting food back into my body.

In any event, at 222 pounds, I can easily see the veins on the tops of both feet and while there are not as many veins on the top of my feet as is seen in the attached photo, I still see several...   which I have not seen in several years.

No comments:

Post a Comment

BEGINNING TODAY

All future articles for this blog will appear on my other blog:  JOURNAL FOR DAILY PAGES....  all the internal page links have been switched...