Monday, January 11, 2021

Pre Prep Prep

For the last couple of days, I have had to eat what the papers I was given refer to as a light diet...  no heavy foods like pizza and hamburger...  so, I am assuming that rice, fish, and eggs are ok for me to eat...   I also have to stay away from beans and corn and foods with lots of fiber as that clogs the scope.    And, if you have not guessed it by now, I am preparing for a colonoscopy...  I am getting one every two years because of my cancer history and because some pre-cancerous polyps were removed two years ago.  I will be having an Upper GI as well because of a "loss of appetite" issue that has presented a little concern.

While today is not that bad on the body, tomorrow will be the real test as I will be eliminating all waste from my colon while at the same time, I will be putting only liquid back into my system and according to the instructions, will be continuing with the prep at MIDNIGHT which means that in addition to little food, there will be little sleep as well...

I have also contacted the dentist with a tooth ache that has been persistent for the last several days that I cannot or should not do anything about until after the colonoscopy for fear that the procedure may have to be delayed...

It all comes at one time...  or appears to anyway...

No comments:

Post a Comment

BEGINNING TODAY

All future articles for this blog will appear on my other blog:  JOURNAL FOR DAILY PAGES....  all the internal page links have been switched...