Tuesday, July 6, 2021

Dermatology Day

Today...  is my quarterly visit to my Dermatologist... 
sometimes, I forget that my Oncologist directed me to visit a Dermatologist every 3 months after my Melanoma decided to relocate itself to my groin area from my foot.  Since I have been visiting with this Dermatologist, I have had half a dozen SQUAMOUS CELL CARCINOMAS surgically removed from my body, the first one appeared right smack dab on the top of my head.

I'll never forget that one because, a few days after surgery, my wife and I were going on a cruise, so instead of letting it heal naturally, the surgeon put a couple of stitches in it.  It felt rather odd going around the ship with a patch on my head, especially at dinner where everyone had nothing better to do that make sure you got their full attention when you entered or had to pass by their table.

Incidentally, Squamous cell carcinomas are a NATURAL BYPRODUCT of receiving chemo and it appears they will appear even after you have received immunotherapy as well...  at least for me they have.


No comments:

Post a Comment

BEGINNING TODAY

All future articles for this blog will appear on my other blog:  JOURNAL FOR DAILY PAGES....  all the internal page links have been switched...