Monday, July 5, 2021

What Are You DOING!?

 Monday morning is always a bit of a slow start for me, especially after a holiday weekend like the 4th of July with all those damn fireworks going off until all hours of the morning; still, I would rather hear fireworks than nothing at all...  there's nothing wrong with celebrating AMERICA.

Since we had some guests over the weekend, my usual cooking for the week ahead was postponed, which leaves today for me to prepare something...  as what I like to do, is cook a few meals ahead of time, usually 3, and if I have filled more containers, then I freeze the excess.

Breakfasts vary, but I usually have vege sausage, cheese, and an English Muffin, an Omelette (with mushrooms, onions, garlic, peppers, tomatoes) or Oatmeal (with diced peaches) so there is really nothing to cook ahead which leaves lunch and dinner wide open.

My standard approach is to use:

  • onions
  • garlic
  • peppers
  • mushrooms
  • tomatoes
  • yellow squash
  • zucchini
  • olive oil & coarse pepper
to which I add one or more of the following:
  • Basmati rice
  • Spaghetti Noodles
  • Curly Noodles
  • Turkey Burgers
  • Diced Potatoes
  • Mushroom soup
  • Chicken or Beef Broth
  • Corn
  • Kale or Spinach
  • Broccoli
  • Canned Diced Tomatoes
  • Chicken
  • Wild Salmon
  • Turkey Dogs
  • Turkey Sausage
  • Tuna Fish
  • Cod
  • Black Beans
  • White Beans
  • Pinto Beans
Believe it or not (and I really do keep track of this) each mean ranges from about 250 - 450 calories per container where my goal is not to exceed 1,600 calories per day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

BEGINNING TODAY

All future articles for this blog will appear on my other blog:  JOURNAL FOR DAILY PAGES....  all the internal page links have been switched...